Windows 8 Refresh - Files are Missing Fix

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Windows 8 Refresh - Files are Missing Fix

This application will fix the missing files error when trying to refresh Windows 8 or 8.1. This application is provided as a batch file and is provided with no warranty, to the extend applicable by law.

You must be experiencing the same error as shown in this image above. Should you need any help, please create a post on the forum.

This application must be run as an administrator (Right click > Run as Administrator). You must not run it on an operating system that is not Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.

DISCLAIMER: Although we've thoroughly tested this application to ensure that it works correctly and doesn't cause any other issues, we cannot be held responsible for any damage it may do in the long run.

COPYRIGHT AND REPRODUCTION: This app can downloaded freely for personal and business use from this website. It is designed as a tool to help assist users. However, you may not under any circumstances redistribute it on any other site. Action will be taken against you for that. Instead, create a link to it on our website.

suandika and WinnerPlus like this

Posted · Report post

I'm trying to reset my laptop t factory setting and get the message you've posted above. I followed your youtube video exactly but once I tried to run the 'fixer' program, I got a message saying 'ERROR! This tool cannot fix the error you are experiencing'... What do I do now??

pratik likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm trying to reset my laptop t factory setting and get the message you've posted above. I followed your youtube video exactly but once I tried to run the 'fixer' program, I got a message saying 'ERROR! This tool cannot fix the error you are experiencing'... What do I do now??

This is because you already have the file present in your operating system that is required to refresh your PC. Does your PC show the same error as in the video when you try and refresh?

Posted · Report post

I'm also having a same problem. When i'm try to run it as administrator it says "A subdirectory of file C:\RefreshImage already exists.". Please help me out.

Posted · Report post

I'm also having a same problem. When i'm try to run it as administrator it says "A subdirectory of file C:\RefreshImage already exists.". Please help me out.

I recommend deleting the folder C:\RefreshImage and rerunning the script.

Posted · Report post

me too having the same problem "I get a message saying 'ERROR! Refresh file exists. This tool cannot fix the error you're experiencing' - the file i downloaded for this was only of 1kb .. i tried many time but i get the same 1kb fixer file and by opening that i got the same message . help me out as fast as possible 

Posted · Report post

Thanks pratik! I will take a look into this for you! Have you tried the fix above? "I recommend deleting the folder C:\RefreshImage and rerunning the script."

Posted · Report post

i have deleted that folder and run that fixer in administrator .. i got a message "writing image <this may take a while>

Posted · Report post

That message 'writing image' is completely normal and you should wait until it is complete.

Posted · Report post

the percentage is still on 14% and is not move help me ply

Posted · Report post

"writing image" is staying at 1% and ive restarted and still staying at 1%

Posted · Report post

The first few percent (1-20) will take much longer than the remaining percent. Please be patient since it can take hours to run!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have the "insert media" I used your link that you put in your youtube channel and it the writing image is stuck at 22%%%, and it has been over 5 hours. Help!!

Edited by Mungecal

Posted · Report post

@Mungecal Is your hard drive light still flashing rapidly or fully on or has it stopped?

Posted · Report post

@‌BensTechTips when I finish the download like the whole thing complete I try to refresh my pc and it still says im missing files :\

Posted · Report post

@R3llik911 How long does the command prompt stay open for?

Posted · Report post

it shows recovery image utility has stopped working .. help me fast.. 

Untitled.png

Posted · Report post

Your PC seems to be saying that there is a folder located in C:\RefreshImage. Please could you navigate there and tell me if there are any files in that directory?

Posted · Report post

what shoul i do wen i have win 8.1 on my pc and i have disk of win 8

Posted · Report post

I recommend that you use the tool provided at the top of this thread. (click 'View File').

For the full tutorial I suggest reviewing the video:

Posted · Report post

I used the "Fixer" last night and it worked exactly as you explained, it took longer then expected but that was fine.  I then ran "Refresh your PC" and it worked, I was pumped.  However, when it finished I went to run "Remove everything" and it gave me the original error.  Do I need to run "Fixer" again?  You have really helped me out, I bought a computer for my son thinking it was refurbished but it was used and the previous owner didn't "Remove" back to original.

pra likes this

Posted · Report post

I cant run it in administrator,could you help me?

Posted · Report post

This is because you already have the file present in your operating system that is required to refresh your PC. Does your PC show the same error as in the video when you try and refresh?

i am to gettin this error and yes whem i m trying to refresh again after this error it shows the same "media files are missing"

Posted · Report post

even if I run it as administrator it the cmd window close right after it opens

Posted · Report post

i cant get run as admin it just says open