Error: Failed to sign 'bootres.dll': %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi I watched your video and did it on my PC step by step until I got to this message:

Error: Failed to sign 'bootres.dll': %1 is not a valid Win32 application. (2147942593)

Here is a screenshot:

Capture.thumb.PNG.9bc984e81ea9bda7844830

Please Help!

Posted · Report post

From what I can tell, this happens because of a bad bootres.dll file. Not sure why this happens, but I'm investigating.

Can you post your new and old bootres.dll file here (or link to it here) and then I can take a look to ensure that it is readable?

Posted (edited) · Report post

From what I can tell, this happens because of a bad bootres.dll file. Not sure why this happens, but I'm investigating.

Can you post your new and old bootres.dll file here (or link to it here) and then I can take a look to ensure that it is readable?

Sure.

bootres.dll 

Edited by TheBlueCookie

Posted · Report post

Okay, so it does appear to be unreadable.

Can you try creating the bootres.dll file again and see if it works. I'm beginning to think that this is a problem with restorator trial since so many people are having trouble, but I can't seem to reproduce the error myself.

Posted · Report post

Okay, so it does appear to be unreadable.

Can you try creating the bootres.dll file again and see if it works. I'm beginning to think that this is a problem with restorator trial since so many people are having trouble, but I can't seem to reproduce the error myself.

The picture I was making was made in Paint.Net and I saved it as a BMP.

Posted · Report post

The error seems to show that the actual bootres.dll file is corrupt instead of the pictures inside of it. This would therefore indicate that your pictures are okay. My guess is that it is to do with the way the dll file is recompiled. It then can't be signed because it's corrupt. 

Posted · Report post

The error seems to show that the actual bootres.dll file is corrupt instead of the pictures inside of it. This would therefore indicate that your pictures are okay. My guess is that it is to do with the way the dll file is recompiled. It then can't be signed because it's corrupt. 

Ok. I will make a new bootres.dll file and see if it lets me sign it.

If there is any problems during the process, I will reply to this issue. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

I did the whole thing over again, but it didn't work. :(

Posted · Report post

I can confirm that this is caused by Restorator 2007 trail. The bootres.dll is fine, until compiled by the resource editor. After that it becomes corrupt and unreadable. Update your video to warn users from not replacing the file if the signing fails, as it can break thier system.

Posted · Report post

Yeah it definitely seems to be an issue with Restorator. I've added a warning to the video until I get a fix for this!

Posted · Report post

HEY BEN PLZ FIX THIS I REALLY WANT TO USE A NEW BOOT LOGO

Posted · Report post

Sure, I'm working on a fix right now. Shouldn't be too long!

Posted · Report post

Sure, I'm working on a fix right now. Shouldn't be too long!

So, what do you suggest we should do I am facing the same issue here? Any other software other than Restorator Trail we could use? Plz rply soon

Posted · Report post

I'm afraid there will no longer be an update on this, as I am no longer working on a solution.